Kimberly M. Jannotta - Partner, Chair, School Law Practice Group
Kimberly M. Jannotta concentrates her practice in the areas of school law, labor and employment law, and litigation. Ms. Jannotta has represented clients in State and Federal Courts as well as before the Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and the Illinois Department of Human Rights. Her experience includes property taxes, student discipline, student residency, detachment petitions, teacher dismissals, unfair labor practice charges, as well as discrimination and retaliation claims.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- School Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Contract/Transactional Law
- Litigation and Appellate Practice
- Drafted pleadings, motions, and briefs presented before the Cook County Circuit Courts, Illinois Third District Appellate Court, Illinois Department of Human Rights, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board, Illinois Department of Employment Security, and Illinois Department of Revenue.
- Litigated employment, discrimination, residency, detachment, tort, property tax, and personal injury matters in State and Federal Court.
- Engaged in collective bargaining agreement negotiations, employee dismissal hearings, grievance hearings, arbitrations, mediations, and settlement conferences.
- Drafted, reviewed, revised, and interpreted collective bargaining agreements, settlement agreements, employment contracts, real estate transactions, and commercial contracts.
- Intervened on behalf of school districts before County and State property assessment value appeal boards and for specific tax objections before the Cook County Circuit Court.
- Conducted workplace investigations concerning complaints of misconduct, harassment, and discrimination.
- Handled subpoenas regarding employee testimony and production of records.
- Handled Freedom of Information Act requests and compliance matters.
- J.D. Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, IN
- B.A. Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Member of the Illinois State Bar Association
- Member of the Chicago Bar Association
- Member of the Illinois Association of School Boards
- Member of the Alliance for Women Mentoring Circles