K. Austin Zimmer - Senior Partner
Austin Zimmer is a Senior Partner at Del Galdo Law Group, LLC and serves as the Chairman of the Firm’s Litigation Department. Mr. Zimmer focuses his litigation practice on insurance defense and municipal litigation. He also defends clients in complex commercial matters.
Mr. Zimmer, a trial lawyer since 2001 is a prominent federal litigator and has been the lead lawyer in more than 1000 federal civil rights cases. Further, he focuses his state practice on defending insurance carriers in extra-contractual lawsuits. Before joining Del Galdo Law Group, LLC, Mr. Zimmer was employed as an Assistant State's Attorney with the Cook County State's Attorney's Office. During his time as an Assistant State's Attorney, Mr. Zimmer worked in the Special Prosecutions Unit and tried over 100 cases to a verdict. At Del Galdo Law Group, LLC, Mr. Zimmer has become a seasoned litigator and has been successful in securing countless defense verdicts in federal and state jury trials. Moreover, Mr. Zimmer has argued many cases before the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and the Illinois Appellate Court. Also, he has served as an expert witness in the area of municipal litigation. Further, Mr. Zimmer regularly lectures in the areas of civil rights, litigation avoidance and municipal liability to insurance companies and police departments.
Throughout the litigation process, he is widely regarded for his hyperresponsiveness to his clients and using his experience to keep them thoroughly informed so they can understand their choices.
- Loza v. Lewandowski – Represented an insured in an automobile fatality case and secured defense verdict.
- Kainrath v. Grider – Represented defendants in defamation trial and received a defense verdict.
- Taylor v. Milford - Represented defendants in wrongful death case and secured summary judgment.
- Dominick v. Dominick - Federal jury trial and secured a judgment in favor of a local elected official.
- Delgadillo v. Steinhagen et al – Federal jury trial; Secured 100% defense verdict in employment discrimination case.
- Reed v. Ogle County – Represented County and was successful in having all claims dismissed against Defendants in wrongful death lawsuit.
- Soriano v. Vitalo – Secured a judgment for Defendants and successfully argued case on appeal before the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- Moore v. City of Chicago Heights – Represented City and secured summary judgment in its favor in wrongful death lawsuit.
- J.D., DePaul University, College of Law
- Member, DePaul Law Review
- B.S., Arizona State University
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar Certified
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- DRI - Defense Research Institute
- LM - Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- IDC – Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- ISBA – Illinois State Bar Association
- Recognized by the AELE Academic Committee as a Litigation Professional in Police Litigation
- Tokio Marine HCC Attorney Claims Seminar, Guest Lecturer
- York Risk Services IPARKS educational workshop, Guest Lecturer
- Municipal Clerks of Illinois, Guest Lecturer