Luanne M. Galovich
Luanne Galovich is an experienced civil litigator, trial and appellate attorney. Ms. Galovich concentrates her practice on municipal, transactional and employment law. Ms. Galovich represents the Firm’s public and private clients on a variety of matters including, but not limited to, contracts, and compliance with the Freedom of Information Act and the Open Meetings Act. Ms. Galovich also assists her clients with conducting employment investigations and advises those clients regarding their options. As part of her employment practice, Ms. Galovich drafts and revises employment policy manuals, and trains and advises clients regarding the implementation of said manuals. Ms. Galovich also represents clients before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Illinois Department of Human Rights and other state and local agencies.
Prior to joining Del Galdo Law Group, Ms. Galovich represented clients on matters concerning alleged discrimination under Title VII, the ADA, the ADEA, and the Illinois Human Rights Act, and pay disputes pursuant to the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act and the Illinois Minimum Wage Law.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Employment Law
- Municipal Law
- J.D., DePaul University, College of Law
- B.A., Loyola University Chicago, cum laude with department honors
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Employment Law Basics – West Suburban Bar Association – Guest Presenter
- Widener University, College of Law, Business and Environmental Law, Sydney, Australia