Michael T. Del Galdo - Senior Partner and Managing Member
Michael Del Galdo is the founding attorney of Del Galdo Law Group, LLC, a law firm consisting of 23 attorneys, serving primarily public and private sector clients in the governmental and public sector practice area. Mr. Del Galdo is appointed as general and special counsel to some of the largest units of local government in the State of Illinois.
For the fifth consecutive year (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019), Mr. Del Galdo was one of only 6 lawyers in the State of Illinois selected as a "Super Lawyer" in the practice area of State, Local & Municipal Government . Mr. Del Galdo was also recognized by Illinois Super Lawyers as a "Rising Star" in 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013. The recognition as a "Super Lawyer" and "Rising Star" in the field of law is the result of a detailed and comprehensive selection process by Super Lawyers Magazine, which includes evaluation of 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement.
Mr. Del Galdo's work primarily includes counseling both governmental and private companies in governmental matters, including, but not limited to, zoning, tax increment financing, economic development, land use, permitting, government relations and litigation.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
- Municipal Law
- School Law
- Government Affairs
- Land Use & Economic Development
- Founding attorney & Managing Member of Public Sector law firm representing governmental units with combined budgets of over $1,000,000,000.
- General and Special Counsel to over a dozen Illinois municipalities.
- General Counsel to several Townships.
- General Counsel to numerous school districts (K-12).
- General Counsel to two community colleges.
- General Counsel to multiple park districts.
- Special Counsel to a forest preserve district.
- General Counsel to various other units of government.
- Representation of governmental unit for the redevelopment of a $40,000,000 age-restricted living facility, including the negotiation of tax increment financing incentives.
- Representation of a governmental unit for the redevelopment of 70(+) acres of real estate for an upscale commercial retail mall.
- Representation of governmental unit on the planning and construction of a $50,000,000 municipal complex featuring a new city hall, police station, community center and parking garage - an assignment that included performing all municipal financing, real estate acquisition, zoning, and construction contracts.
- Representation of a governmental unit on the planning and construction of a 22-acre public park and band shell.
- Representation of a governmental unit for the establishment of a tax increment finance district, which has provided approximately $10,000,000 in incentives for, among other things, the development of two industrial parks, and an automobile dealership.
- Negotiation and representation of clients in 43-acre land assemblage and annexation for construction of a 300,000(+) square foot commercial retail mall.
- Representation of governmental unit for the negotiation of agreements to purchase water from the City of Chicago and supply it to seven other communities.
- Representation of a governmental unit for the construction of a $30,000,000(+) water transmission system.
- Representation of private developers for agreements providing for the construction of commercial retail shopping centers, grocery stores and industrial buildings, including the negotiation of agreements for economic incentives provided by local governmental units.
- Successful defense of public and private clients in litigation matters.
- Drafted various state legislative enactments that focused on increasing the police powers of local governments that have been used throughout the state by local police departments to aid in combating gang crime.
- Frequent lecturer on municipal government and Tax Increment Financing.
- J.D., DePaul University College of Law
- B.A., Drake University
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois