Real Estate & Economic Development
Our Firm’s attorneys regularly represent public and private sector clients in all aspects of real estate matters for residential, commercial, governmental and industrial projects. Our attorneys have the experience and skills necessary to serve our clients and guide them through all phases of a real estate transaction. The variety of clients allows our attorneys to have a deep understanding of real estate issues. Further, our Firm has experience in representing both public and private sector clients in economic development projects, securing and implementing incentive programs for clients and structuring development and infrastructure projects.
Areas of Experience
- Conveying real estate interests including sales, purchases and leases of real estate
- Securing or awarding Tax Increment Financing (TIF) and other incentives
- Representing clients in eminent domain and condemnation
- Representing clients in government regulation, licensing, public contracting and procurement
- Representing clients relative to public owned utilities, such as water distribution systems, and non-public utilities in matters ranging from rights-of-way use and maintenance to franchise agreements
- Preparing or securing sales tax sharing agreements to stimulate municipal economic growth
- Overseeing land use matters for the development of real property
- Crafting and securing easements, access agreements and licensure
- Representation of a governmental unit for the sale of a 35 acre brownfield site for redevelopment into a 600,000 square foot industrial warehouse and office space for Wirtz Beverage Corporation.
- Representation of a governmental unit for the sale of an approximately 31 acre brownfield site for redevelopment into a Wal-Mart Supercenter and adjacent retail center.
- Representation of a governmental unit in drafting an economic incentive agreement in the amount of $1,375,000.00 to incentivize the developer to construct a Culver’s restaurant.
- Representation of a governmental unit in drafting an agreement with the developer, Luigi’s Paisans Pizza, Inc., to provide the developer with economic incentives in an amount no less than $500,000.00 (based upon performance benchmarks) for the construction of a full service pizza parlor and general distribution center.
- Representation of a governmental unit in the acquisition of the property commonly known as the Anderson Bros. Ford Dealership. The acquisition price is $4,000,000.00.
- Representation of a real estate development group in preparing and securing a $16,000,000.00 special service area/bond transaction.
- Representation of a real estate development group to secure successful zoning for a 500-acre commercial/industrial development.
- Representation of a government unit in drafting and negotiating an economic incentive agreement with Costco Wholesale Corporation.